Documents acceptable for identity verification and address
Acceptable Photographic Personal ID
- Current valid UK (Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Irish) passport or EU/other nationalities passport. Passports of non-EU nationals must contain a current UK stamp, a current UK visa or a current UK residence permit showing the immigration status of the holder in the UK.
- Current UK or EU/other nationalities photo-card driving licence (providing the erson checking is confident that any non-UK photo-card driving licence is bona fide).
- A national ID card and/or other valid documentation relating to immigration status and permission to work.
Acceptable Non-photographic Personal ID
- full UK birth certificate.
- current full driving licence (old version) – old style provisional driving licenses are not acceptable.
- marriage / civil partnership certificate.
- current firearms certificate.
Acceptable Documents to Confirm Address
- recent utility bill (gas, electricity or landline telephone) not more than six months old OR a certificate from a supplier of those utilities confirming the arrangement to pay for the services on pre-payment terms. Note: Utility bills in joint names are acceptable. Mobile telephone bills are not acceptable.
- local authority tax bill valid for the current year.
- current UK photo-card driving licence (if not already presented as a photographic personal ID document) or old-style driving licence
- bank, building society or credit union statement or passbook containing current address.
- most recent mortgage statement from a recognised lender.